Hyperboloid of one sheet

Looked at OpenCascade today, I had downloaded the previous version last year and was having trouble compiling it, but the latest download works well. There is also java and C# source code available.

Wrote some code for a hyperboloid of one sheet, as a challenge. Might come in useful when I model some of Gaudi's work later but will have to optimize the solid boolean code before that can happen. Other than that, will be working on a very simple sketch program to create some floor plans so I can analyse what geometric relations need to be captured to give sensible results when it recombines.




Comments

Jelle said…
Cool! Finally another architect interested in OCC!
Have a look at the table I've made recently, using (developing) the pythonOCC project: http://www.pythonocc.org/blog/

Personally I think python offers a very good toolset for generative design, perhaps its worthwhile to have a look!
Ruwan said…
I think Python and Ruby have a lot to offer, including better use of Blender - which can later be used to render as well as model.
Main reason I've been procrastinating on learning those two languages is because they didn't really have a nice IDE like visual studio, but last week I came across IronPython Studio which is looking very nice.
Jelle said…
not true. pydev / eclipse is all the IDE you could ever wish for ;')
Ruwan said…
Forgot about that - whenever I open eclipse I go straight to Java, or one of the UML tool plugins.

Still feel like Visual Studio is nicer for creating controls and then dropping them in a Form.

Popular Posts